The coronavirus pandemic has caused a lot of changes in our lives. This is a disease outbreak that has impacted on everyone on the planet in some way. In the years leading up to this life-changing global occurrence, social media had become a competing avenue of interaction and mass communication. Of course, it also attracted its share of nefarious individuals out to cause more harm than good.
A Few Things to Note;
- social media has the capability to remain active and available to those willing to be on social media.
In the same manner, broadcast media has remained intact.
- We will survive the coronavirus pandemic but at a high cost to us all.
- In the time during the pandemic, social media can be used for many purposes and to achieve many goals. News information is a highly visible benefit of social media. you can easily get coronavirus pandemic updates via social media.
Social Media During the Coronavirus Pandemic
You can also maintain contact with family and friends via social media during the coronavirus pandemic. Despite being in quarantine, isolation, self-isolation, curfews, social distancing, etc, the chats and calls with friends and family via social media are helping us all stay mentally, emotionally and spiritually stable, be satisfied that the people we care about are alright, and provide an opportunity for us to spread coronavirus awareness.
Coronavirus Pandemic: Find Jobs Using Social Media
One thing that many may not see is the use of social media to find work to do. The disruption that has been occasioned by the coronavirus pandemic is causing job losses and some businesses to collapse. By the time the pandemic is over, whole industries might be irrelevant in the post-coronavirus world. To cope with the increased financial stress, finding any work to do and get paid might be the lifeline that millions of people will be forced to depend on.
- These people will need jobs to provide for themselves and their dependants. For them, getting a job is a matter of life and death.
- For yet other people, they have just found that they have too much free time and would like to squeeze in another job. It will, of course, boost their post-coronavirus incomes.
Jobs and How we Do them Will Change
The push for people to work from home has caused many of us to discover and believe that working from home is possible. I figure there are some people who will not go back to working from offices in towns and other urban centers. Post-coronavirus, they will continue working from home and running their businesses in a decentralized manner from the comfort of their homes.
- Some of us looking for work will go online in our quest to land a job.
- The major sites before coronavirus had their freelancers and might not be taking on new people.
- Employers will have lost employees and will be looking for workers! There will be demand and not enough supply.
What is Already Happening That I can Plug into?
Social media is stepping in to connect persons with jobs to the persons who are ready to do work and looking for jobs. Seeing hashtags dedicated to the sharing of job opportunities on social media is interesting. It eliminates the job-board websites that are essentially brokers and the challenges of working with them.
However, eliminating the established broker also eliminates the securities that come with working with the job boards such as holding of funds in escrow, dispute resolution, and tools to make the process a lot easier.
Of course, the ecosystem will evolve over time to eliminate the risks and allow safe interaction on social media that will result in, and facilitate many jobs and work opportunities being given to those that need them. It will be interesting to watch how the evolution will take place and the end result of the evolution.
Allow Nestwebia to take this opportunity to call on all of us to do what we can do individually and collectively to fight the coronavirus pandemic. We also urge restraint and not resorting to violence perpetrated on our spouses, friends, neighbors, and colleagues during these trying times.
Do you fancy an older read? Using Social Media to Find Your Dream Job – Nestwebia